5 Healthy Back-to-School Kids Lunch Ideas
For parents with young children, September is a hectic month as all preparations for the upcoming scholastic year are crammed into a single month. New uniforms, new backpacks, new books, new stationery…the list is endless!
For this reason, today we’ll attempt to take away some of your back-to-school stress as a parent with these 5 easy-to-prepare, healthy lunch ideas which will keep your little munchkins satisfied!
– 2 or 4 slices of whole-grain sandwich with cream cheese and cucumber
– A portion of carrots
– 1 granola bar
– A portion of pasta with pesto and cherry tomatoes
– Seasonal fruits’ kebab (be creative and treat them to a rainbow-themed kebab!)
– Some pita bread slices
– A portion of hummus dip (Bonus: Exchange hummus with the beloved Maltese bigilla every now and then!)
– Cubes of Edam cheese
– A portion of strawberries
– 2 or 4 slices of whole-grain sandwich with tuna, fresh spinach leaves, tomatoes and low-fat mayonnaise
– 1 chopped boiled egg
– 1 banana
– Wrap with sliced turkey, tomatoes and lettuce
– A portion of tortilla chips
– A mix of apple and kiwi
And there you have it- a colourful, delicious and nourishing lunch idea for every day of the week!
The best thing is that none of them will take you longer than 15 minutes to prepare, not to mention the whole lot of vitamins each of them includes, ensuring your kids feel energised and focused all day long.