COVID-19 (Corona Virus) Information
29th May 2020 – 12:00
❗️ COVID-19 / Notice to Customers ❗️
Our Head Office in Valletta is re-opening to the public as from 1st June 2020, with preventive measures in place to minimise the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
Our offices will be open as per our standard working hours and customers will be asked to follow strict measures, including wearing a face mask, sanitising their hands, having their body temperature read, and maintaining a safe distance from others at all times.
We would like to remind our esteemed clientele that they may be serviced online at www.laferla.com.mt or via e-mail by contacting us on [email protected].
In recent weeks, Laferla Insurance has been working to extend the number of online and contactless services which we offer. Besides our existing online services including the purchasing of new Motor, Home, Health, Travel, Boat, Pet and Wedding insurance policies; as well as our online client portal, which allows customers to renew any insurance policy online as well as view their transaction history and settle outstanding invoices, we have introduced a number of new services, including:
- Easy payment links for any policies taken out over the phone or by e-mail, or amendments requested for which a payment is due. Clients will now receive a unique payment link by e-mail, allowing them to easily settle the amount due by credit card or cryptocurrency, similar to any other transaction on our website.
- Online claims submission for Motor, Home, Health and Travel Insurance. This will allow clients to fully submit claims online, without needing to visit our offices or mail in any documents.
- Online proposal forms for Motor, Home, Health and Travel Insurance. This feature allows clients to fully complete a proposal form online, including signing with a digital signature. We have also extended this functionality to our Tied Insurance Intermediaries, allowing them to service our mutual clients more efficiently and in a contactless manner.
We continue to strive for excellence in service delivery, and will continue to improve our methods of communication regardless of the COVID-19 virus situation. Meanwhile, we believe that our current setup puts us in an excellent position to service our valued clients in the best ways possible in these challenging times. Whilst thanking our clientele for their cooperation in striving to adopt a more digital and contactless approach, we remain open to feedback and suggestions on how this may be improved further.
Important Insurance Policy information relating to COVID-19
Suspended Policy Offerings
Due factors beyond our control, insurers in Malta have had to take a difficult decision to suspend the offering of several insurance policies. At this time, we are unable to offer the following policies and cover options:
- Single Trip and Annual Travel Insurance (both New Sales and Renewals);
- New Sales of Travel Insurance Cover under Max Protect and SME insurance policies;
- Wedding Insurance;
- Cancellation of Event Insurance, and Professional Indemnity Insurance for Tour Operators.
Change in Dates
We are unable to offer a change in dates of existing Single Trip travel insurance policies. Instead, we are able to offer a refund of single-trip travel policies purchased to cover a trip, which was affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. Please contact us for information.